With experience and expertise gained over the years in testing, CPRI is helping the utilities by extending its services like third party inspection in their procurement of quality equipment and thereby help the utilities to supply quality and reliable power to their customers.
1. Third Party Inspection Services:
CPRI has been carrying out Third Party Inspection of electrical equipment procured by Utilities and Industry. The expertise of the Institute has been utilized for inspection of Power Transformers, Circuit Breaker, Isolators, ACSR Conductor, Cables, Relays, Transformer oil etc. The services have been extensively utilized for inspection of equipment procured by many Power Utilities like
- Power Development Department (PDD), Jammu & Kashmir
- Orissa Power Transmission Corporation Limited (OPTCL)
- Haryana Vidyut Prasaran Nigam Limited (HVPNL)
- Uttar Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam Ltd (UHBVNL)
- Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam Ltd (DHBVNL)
- Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Prasaran Nigam Ltd (RRVPNL)
- Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation Limited (KPTCL)
- Bengaluru Electricity Supply Company Limited (BESCOM)
CPRI as a Short Circuit Testing Liaison (STL) – Member also carries out Third Party Witnessing of tests on various Electrical Equipment for Overseas Customers. Assignments have been carried out in Malaysia, Japan, South Korea, Germany, Indonesia, Belgium, Bangladesh etc which has resulted in enhancement of global acceptance of CPRI services.