Consultancy is one of the important activity of the Institute through which the expertise and facilities are applied for explicit studies, analysis, design etc. CPRI offers consultancy services in wide spectrum of areas like
- Diagnostic & Condition Monitoring of HV substation and Power plant electrical equipment,
- Site testing of Transformer oil,
- Power System Automation/Distribution Automation, Smart Grid,
- Power System Studies, Real Time Simulation of Power System Controls, Protection Audit, Grid integration of Renewables - Wind and Solar, Reactive Power compensation studies, Relay coordination studies,
- RLA and R&M of Thermal & Hydro Power Plants, Condition assessment of power plant components, Performance assessment of coal mills and cooling towers, In-situ oxide scale measurement in Super Heater and Re-heater tubes, Non-destructive evaluation of Thermal Power Station plant equipment, Corrosion mapping of water wall tubes of Boilers,
- Failure and root cause analysis of all engineering components, Energy Audit, Fuel Audit of Thermal Power Stations, training services in Plant Optimization for Thermal Power Stations,
- Pollution mapping studies, design of grounding system, measurement of soil resistivity etc.
The Institute has been involved in the Power Sector development programmes initiated by Ministry of Power, Govt. of India such as
- Consultant for the Pilot Project on Smart Grid in Jeedimetla Industrial Area, TSSPDCL, Hyderabad, under R-APDRP scheme.
- SCADA/DMS Consultant for the selected seven towns of Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and Puducherry.
- Consultant for Design and Development of Smart Grid Pilot Project for BESCOM.
- Consultant for vetting of Draft tender Schedule for implementation of IMIS and SCADA for water supply scheme to Mysore city and Third party independent evaluation of water SCADA works at site
- Advisor-cum-Consultant for the Accelerated Power Development & Reforms Programme (APDRP) and empaneled as SCADA / DMS Consultant under Restructured Accelerated Power Development & Reforms Programme (R-APDRP).
CPRI has been rendering Consultancy services to the Electricity Regulatory Commission, Distribution Utilities and Industries of various states in estimation of losses in Distribution networks and evaluating the benefits after the implementation of various schemes to improve the Electrical Distribution System.
CPRI is involved as Project Management Agency (PMA) for the following Schemes:
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY)
- Integrated Power Development Scheme (IPDS)
- Third Party Independent Agency (TPIA) under Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana (RGGVY) and Niranthara Jyothi Yojana (NJY).