Supplementary Test Laboratory
Besides catering to Routine Tests as per requirements of all follow-up tests for the short circuit tests taken up in the other two Short-Circuit Testing Laboratories (Test station-I & II), this laboratory facilities were extended/ developed to take up a number of type tests on LV & HV electrical equipment.
Presently, the facilities are divided in the following laboratories:
- High Voltage Lab
- Temperature Rise Test Lab
- CT and VT Test Lab
- Partial Discharge Lab
- Mechanical and Electrical Endurance Lab
- ACB, MCCB, MCB, RCCB, Contactors and Fuse Test Lab
- IP Test lab
- Lightning impulse Withstand and Flashover Test. (upto 50MVA, 220kV Class on transformers and 400kV class on switchgears and disconnectors)
- Power frequency voltage withstand test.(Dry & Wet)
- Temperature rise test (for LT/HT Switchgears upto 25 kA & Transformers upto 20 MVA).
- Routine and type tests on Current Transformer upto 25000 Amps and Voltage Transformer upto 132kV Class Test Facility.
- Ingress Protection against solid and liquid particles upto IP 68.
- Partial discharge test upto 100kV.
- Environmental & Humidity test.
- Induced over voltage test.
- All Tests on LT ACB/MCCB/Fuses/RCCB/MCB barring SC & EMI/EMC Facility.
- Mechanical Endurance Test Set on LT Switchgear and HT Switchgears
Equipments Facility :
- 350 kV, 250 kVA High Voltage transformer of Kirloskar Make.
- 2400 kV, 240 kJ impulse generator of BHT make.
- 800 kV, 20 kJ impulse generator of Haefely make.
- 35kV, 100 J impulse generator for testing HT & LT equipments of Haefely Make.
- High current transformers and regulators for temperature rise upto 25 kA. The set-up is unique in India.
- High current transformers and regulators for temperature rise upto 10 kA and 2000 A.
- Multiple current injection set for temperature rise of LT switchgears to feed rated current in each feeder (Make: Sarman).
- The CT-PT test set-up for tests upto 25000A CT primary current and 132kV PT primary voltage respectively. The measuring equipments are microprocessor based of Tettex make and has a very high accuracy.
- Resistance and reactance banks for electrical endurance tests on equipments rated upto 630A, 415V.
- Timers and PLCs for mechanical endurance and other sequential tests.
Wadhwani M K, Additional
Director The Unit Head
Switchgear Testing &
Phone : +91(0)755 2586682
Mob: +91 9424446368
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org /