1500MVA Short circuit Laboratory
The 1500 MVA short circuit testing station of STDS, CPRI, Bhopal has two specially designed Short Circuit Alternators of rating 1500MVA each. The First Short Circuit Alternator was commissioned in the year 1968, supplied by M/s Oerlikon, Switzerland. It is conventional rotating type machine. The second Short Circuit Alternator was commissioned in the year 1996, supplied by M/s Alstom, France. Its excitation system is static with static frequency converter drive. Since then, there has been evolution of new technology and development, hence the static frequency converter and generator excitation system for Alstom make S.C. generator was upgraded and modified for motorless operation of the S.C. Generator. Motorless operation of 1500MVA S.C. Generator, which is advantageous mainly due to removal of drive motor which results in saving from costly maintenance and revenue loss due to downtime of test station during drive motor maintenance.
1500MVA short circuit station mainly caters the short circuit tests on high and medium voltage switchgears, transformers and other allied equipments. The laboratory has got five Test Cells for testing of various equipments.
MAJOR EQUIPMENTS AVAILABLE IN STATION-1
- Short Circuit Alternators of each 1500 MVA capacity.
- Master Breakers: 17.5kV, 80.0kArms for one second and 17.5kV, 31.5kA for three seconds.
- Make Switches: 24.0kV, 80kArms
- Reactors and Resistors.
- LT Transformer of 11/0.415 kV, 100 kArms for one second.
- LT Transformer of 11/1.1 kV, 200 kArms for one second.
- HT Transformer of 11kV/19 to 132 kV (3-phase set-up) & 228 kV (Single–Phase set-up)
SHORT CIRCUIT TEST FACILITY AT STATION-1
- Short circuit making and breaking capacity test facility for medium voltage and LT circuit breakers.
- Capacitor bank switching test facility for medium voltage circuit breakers.
- Internal arc test facility for metal clad switchgear, packaged substation and motor terminal boxes.
- Short circuit Dynamic and Thermal withstand test facility for Distribution and Power Transformers.
- No load & Load loss measurement facility upto 40MVA Transformers.
- Short Circuit breaking capacity test facility for LT and HT fuses.
- Making and breaking capacity test facility for Air Break, Oil and Vacuum Switches.
- Short Time Current test facility upto 200 kArms for one second or 100 kArms for three seconds for Current transformers, Power Connectors, Reactors, Spacers and Spacer Dampers for Bundled Conductors, Isolators, Earth Switches, HT & LT Busducts and On Load Tap Changers.
- Breaking capacity test facility for HT contactors.
- Short Circuit tests facilities for Lightning Arresters.
- DC Test facility upto 80 kA, 1550 Volts for DC Switchgears.
- Transient Response test facility for CTs.
- Switching Over-voltage test on 6.6 kV Simulated Induction Motor Circuit for Circuit Breakers.
The tests are done as per National standards (IS) and International standards like BS, IEC, ANSI/IEEE etc.
Smt. Sumbul Munshi
Switchgear Testing &
Phone : +91(0)755 2586682
Mob: +91 9425021493
E-Mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org