Ingress Protection Laboratory
The Ingress Protection tests are performed as per national and international standards for switch gear panels, enclosures luminaries, rotating machine like motor, alternator, pump, generators etc., energy meters and so on. The laboratory is NABL Accredited as per IS/ISO/IEC 17025 and ASTA accreditation for the test capability. The laboratory also under takes tests as per customer requirements.
Ingress protection test lab is equipped with 2 Nos. dust test chamber to perform IP 5X and 6X tests. Besides following are the facilities available for Ingres Protection test;
- Dust chamber to accommodate large test sample of sizes up to 4.5m X4m X4m (width, depth, height) for 5X and 6X (category 1 and category 2) tests. The chamber size is 5m X4.5m X4.5m (width, depth, height).
- Drip tank of size 2m*2m to perform IP X1 and X2 tests.
- A turn table with 1rpm, of capacity to withstand weight of test sample up to 15Ton. The test table also has hydraulic tilt facility for 15° to perform IP X2 test.
- Hassle free electrically operated auto movement test setups to perform IP X3 to IP X6 tests
- Water tank to test the samples of size 4m X4m X 3.5m (width, depth, deep (height) for X7 and X8 water immersion tests
- To meet the customers demand and to fully comply IEC 60529 standard, IP X9 test facility is being established for first of its kind. IP X9 test is performed with water having high temperature and pressure.
- The lab is equipped with 15Ton EOT crane and material handling equipment to handle the customers test sample carefully and precisely for loading, unloading during testing and for inter lab movement of customer’s test sample for other tests and to load on to the customer’s/ logistics trucks.
- To sum-up, CPRI has state of art IP test facility to perform tests ranging from IP 11 to IP 69.
Dr. P. Chandrasekhar
Electrical Appliances Technology Division
Mob: +91 9480619140