Liquid Dielectrics Laboratory
Transformer oil serves as a coolant, insulant and as a medium for condition monitoring of the transformer. Transformer oil deteriorates in service due to oxidation, thermal and electrical stresses and hence, has to be periodically monitored for its condition. LDL has facilities to test the new oils based on petroleum, vegetable oil esters, synthetic esters and others. The lab is having expertise in diagnostic evaluation of transformer oils for incipient fault diagnosis (Dissolved Gas Analysis, DGA) and also solid insulation condition assessment (Furan Analysis). Details of the testing and standard test methods are as follows.
- Testing & Certification of Unused mineral insulating oils for transformers as per IS 335 for acceptance purposes.
- Testing of unused mineral insulating oils for transformers as per IEC 60296.
- Testing of Reclaimed mineral insulating oils for transformers as per BS: 148.
- Testing of Unused synthetic organic esters for electrical purposes as per IEC 61099.
- Testing of unused natural esters for transformers and similar electrical equipment as per IEC 62770
- Consultancy services and third party inspection for New oils.
- Compatibility of transformer construction materials with mineral oil as per ASTM D 3455.
- Evaluation of condition of In-Service oils as per IEC 60422 & IS 1866 for maintenance purposes.
- Analysis of furans in In-Service oils as per IEC 61198 for assessing the condition of solid insulation of transformers.
- Evaluation of internal condition of transformers by Dissolved Gas Analysis (DGA) as per IEC 60599, IEC 60567, IS: 9434 & IS 10593.
- Mobile test facility for carrying out tests on In-Service oils as per IS: 1866.
- Undertaking Research Projects on transformer oils.
The laboratory is equipped with sophisticated test equipment like:
- High Performance Liquid chromatograph
- Head Space Gas chromatograph with FID & TCD detector.
- Wavelength Dispersive X-Ray Fluorescence Spectrometer (WDXRF)
- Inductive Coupled Plasma (ICP-OES)
- Auto titrator.
- Pour Point apparatus
- Electric strength (BDV) apparatus.
- Moisture meter
- Auto Viscometer
- Interfacial Tensiometer
- Particle Sizer and counter
- Oxidation stability apparatus
- FTIR Spectrophotometer with ATR
- UV-Vis spectrophotometer
- Flash Point apparatus
- GC with ECD & MS for PCB analysis
- DDF-Capacitance-Resistivity meter
Additional Director & HOD
Dielectric Materials Division
Ph :080 -22072428 / 22072421,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com