Dielectric Materials Divison (DMD)
Dielectric Materials Division (DMD) has state of the art facilities to undertake testing of mineral insulating oils (new & in-service), synthetic ester, natural ester, hydraulic oils, turbine oils, gear oils and polymeric composites as per national and international standards to cater to the requirements of oil manufactures, Govt. & Private electrical /power utilities etc. The laboratories in the division are accredited to NABL as per ISO: 17025:2017.
Central Power Research Institute (CPRI) is identified as nodal agency by Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEF & CC) for analysis of Lead contents in Household and Decorative Paints as per ASTM E1613/ASTM E1645 using ICP-OES.
Additional Director & HoD
Dielectric Materials Division
Mobile: +91 9449040168
Tel.:+91 80 2207 2428
E-Mail : email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
The division is having expertise for on-site Mobile oil testing facilities as per IS: 1866 and on-site De-chlorination PCB contaminated oil using mobile PCB De-chlorination plant.
The division is engaged in the following R&D activities.
- Development of new fluids for transformer insulation.
- Development of nanofluids for transformer insulation.
- High permittivity nano-composites for capacitor application.
- Development of polymer nanocomposite for PV cable application.
- Development of electrode materials for super capacitor application.